Many patient rooms at the USZ have a private bathroom with shower. All rooms are equipped with radio, television, direct dial telephone and internet (wifi). We offer spacious multi-bed rooms for patients with general insurance
WiFi for patients and visitors
We are pleased to offer you wireless internet access. A mobile phone is required to use this free service. After registering your details, you can use our guest internet service on your personal notebook, tablet or smartphone.
- Connect your device to the WLAN network “unispital-public”.
- Open your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome) and enter the ad-dress “guest.usz.ch” if necessary. The welcome page will be shown.
- Click on “Ask for login credentials via SMS” below Patients and Guests to continue with the SMS verification.
- Read the conditions of use (GTC) and confirm them with a tick. Then enter your mobile phone number and press “request access code”.
- You will receive a text with your code shortly.
- Enter the code and then click on “submit registration”.
- On successful login, the main page “www.usz.ch” will be shown.
The access data is valid for 30 days following your first login. We would like to point out that this is a free service. This is why we request that you ask a friend with computer knowledge for any technical questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Patients without a cell phone can obtain an access card from the concierge. An ID is required so that we may identify the patient. Opening times for the Rämi concierge: 7:00 am – 9:00 pm / NORD concierge: 24 hours a day.
- Connect your device to the “unispital-public” wifi network.
- Open your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Firefox) and enter the address “guest.usz.ch”.
- Enter the user name Gast (guest) and the corresponding password (see access map).
The access card is valid for 30 days following your first login. We would like to point out that this is a free service. This is why we request that you ask a friend with computer knowledge for any technical questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Logout from guest internet
- After successful login, you will remain logged in with your device for 30 days, afterward your device will log off automatically.
You are staying at the University Hospital of Zurich for longer than 30 days
- Your account will expire after 30 days, then you must re-register (see procedure under instruc-tions).
No network can be found
- With some notebooks, the wireless function must be switched on with a mechanical switch. Click on “wireless network connection” with the right mouse button, select “deactivate”. Repeat the process and select “activate” and then “create connection”
The “wireless network connection” icon is missing
- It is possible that your notebook has no built in WLAN function or the required settings have not been configured. Please ask a computer literate acquaintance to help you if necessary.
No network selection appears
If your device automatically connects to the “open” network “unispital-public”, continue with point 2 in the instructions
WiFi for students
We are pleased to provide you with wireless internet access (wifi) in the USZ lecture halls. This guest internet is a free service enabling you to connect your laptop, tablet or smartphone via the VPN provided by your educational institution.
- View available wireless networks.
- Select the “unispital-edu” network and enter the password “Access4Edu”.
- Once you are connected to the open unispital-edu wifi network, you can start your VPN or enroll via:
This site is registered on wpml.org
as a development site.